Interdisciplinary Major of Archaeology | Requirements
Students wishing to declare a major in Archaeology will need to complete 30 credits (10 courses) of course work as follows:
- Completion of the three core courses: ANTH 2800, a course in Classical Archaeology, and a course in archaeological field methods;
- 5 courses which explore specific areas and issues of archaeological research in various parts of the world (other courses from the Departments of Anthropology, History, and Art may be substituted in consultation with the major advisor);
- 2 courses (selected in consultation with the major advisor) from such related areas as classics, religious studies, chemistry, biology, and/or environmental sciences.
- For additional information, got to the College of Arts & Sciences page.
Minor | Requirements
- 3 core curriculum classes (ANTH 2800, a course in Classical Archaeology, and a course in archaeological field methods;
- An additional nine credits to be chosen in consulation with the major advisor
The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only. The Undergraduate Record and Graduate Record represent the official repository for academic program requirements. These publications may be found at http://records.ureg.virginia.edu/index.php